Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What Health Insurance Do You Have?

What Health Insurance Do You Have?
Posted by blankPixels on Saturday, August 14, 2010
Labels: All about me, Family/Friends, Random Rants

When I was still working, I never really worried about health insurance since the companies I was working for took care of that. I've been covered by different health insurance companies, including Intellicare and Maxicare. And, to be honest, I never took advantage of the benefits I got from them. I should be thankful, right? I mean, that's because I'm healthy, right

Well, honestly, I should've taken advantage of my health insurance coverage and had myself undergo quarterly checkups. Or at least for a dental checkup. I never took my health insurance seriously because my mother is a nurse and she knows a lot of doctors. Thank God I never got sick to the point that I needed to be confined in a hospital.
Even after my mother's health insurance coverage helped us a lot financially when my brother Ken had dengue, my mother underwent surgery to remove her goiter and I had my checkup(I found out I have PCOS and myoma), I still was a bit dependent on my mother's health insurance coverage as a government employee.

I'm guessing that I didn't take the health insurance coverage I was getting from the companies I worked for because I knew, at the back of my head, that I won't be staying with them for long anyway. I guess I'm not really programmed to work for a boss.
So, now, I only have these PhilHealth cards with me. The one on top, I got from my mother. That's one thing we are thankful for that my mother's a government employee – the benefits. The other one is my own PhilHealth card.

Source:
http://www.justanotherpixel.net/2010/08/what-health-insurance-do-you-have.html

No comments:

Post a Comment